Harvest Kids currently meets online and beginning August 15 in person!
Harvest Kids offers several different ways to get faith-forming resources to your family, including:
HARVEST KIDS in-person programming is available during the 9 AM and 10:30 AM worship gatherings.
Click here to watch as Pastor Faith and Miss Steph talk through some of the details and COVID-19 protocols.
Here are the Harvest Kids COVID-19 protocols for in-person programming:
- During Harvest Kids programming, all staff, volunteers, and children (age 2+) will wear face masks (even when vaccinated). Disposable surgical masks will be available for one-time use.
- Accepted face coverings: Disposable masks, cloth masks that fit snuggly on the face and cover both the nose and mouth. If a face shield is worn, it must be worn in conjunction with a mask All participants will stay physically distant from persons not in our household (for children 0-2 years old and childcare workers in the nursery, physical distancing will not always be possible).
- All staff, volunteers, and children’s temperatures will be checked and recorded, using a church-approved touch-less thermometer, upon arrival. If a person presents with a temperature above 99.8 they will not be allowed to participate in Harvest Kids programming that day.
- No greetings that require touching (Handshakes, hugs, fist bumps, etc.) will be used during in-person programming.
- Anyone exhibiting symptoms of infectious illness, before returning to Harvest Kids in-person programming, must stay home for at least 10 days after symptom onset + symptoms have improved + 24 hours without fever and no use of fever-reducing medicine.
- All participants must have a Safety Protocol Form signed by a parent/guardian and on file with Harvest Kids Ministries. The form may be found here.
- Harvest staff commits to sanitize indoor spaces between usage with an electrostatic disinfecting system that sprays hospital-grade disinfectant and deodorizing cleaner that meets all EPA requirements for Toxicity Category IV (no harmful dermal, ocular, inhalation, or ingestion effects) Harvest staff/leadership commit to notifying persons if/when there is potential exposure to covid-19. Our registration/check-in system allows us to register your attendance and contact information.
HARVEST KIDS LIVE an online experience on Zoom. Kids will watch the Harvest Kids Lesson videos, play virtual games, and meet in small groups. Kids meet every Sunday: Preschool meets at 12 PM, Grades K-5 meets at 12:30 PM.
Harvest Kids Lessons, streamed each week online at http://live.welcometoharvest.org after 9 and 10:30 AM worship.
Monthly Mailer filled with faith-forming resources and mailed to your family each month.
Harvest Families Mission
We want our younger members to know that God is using them right now, as they are, to help and serve others. No matter how big or small or rich or poor, God uses us to do the work of the church.
Ministry Contact: Faith McHale
Our Sunday morning children's program is designed to be safe, fun, and to form faith in children. First-time guests and weekly students are welcomed and introduced to God's word through scripture readings, storytime, song, and interactive play. Our goal is to partner with your family as you raise your children or grandchildren to be people who love God and love others.
Preschool (infants - VPK): The Nursery/Preschool environment is a safe & special place filled with love, laughter, and learning. We believe that children are a gift from God and can experience and learn about God's love right from the start.
In our preschool program, we want our students to learn these three truths:
- God made me.
- God loves me.
- Jesus wants to be my friend, forever.
Elementary (K-Grade 5): We meet in small groups, and end in large groups. Small groups are led by consistent leaders who have been background screened and trained. In the small groups for the younger kids, we play, create, and learn together about a new Big Idea each month. For our 4th and 5th graders, we discuss faith-forming topics and spend some time hanging out in small groups!
Big Idea: Every month we focus on a new characteristic of God; what God is doing inside of us to change the world around us. All month long we learn skills to take home and share our new skills with others.
When our Elementary students leave our program, we want them to know these three truths:
- I can trust God no matter what.
- I need to make the wise choice.
- I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
2019 VBS RECAP!